Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It begins on July 12 and runs till the 16th - the 40th Annual Dene Nation Assembly, and this year it's happening in Fort Good Hope. Everyone is very busy getting ready for it, and I'm helping out where I can. :) The Dene Nation is the people group that most Aboriginals in the Northwest Territories belong to, and delegates are coming from all over the North. It should be very exciting.

And in other news...I forgot to share another recent "Only in the North" story. While I was waiting for my plane from Fort Good Hope to Inuvik (delayed 2 hours!) I got to talking with Douglas who works at the tiny Fort Good Hope airport. I told him where I was going and he quickly exclaimed, "My sister lives in Inuvik. I'll give her a call and ask her to pick you up at the airport and drive you into town." Needless to say, Douglas's sister Keltie met me a couple hours later in Inuvik. She was sooo nice and did indeed drive me the 10 kms from the airport to town. Thanks Douglas and Keltie. Everyone knows someone somewhere who can do such-and-such for you up here! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment